- The applicant is eligible for admission to a major university in the country of his/her citizenship.
- The applicant has successfully completed an internationally examined curriculum such as the General Certificate of Education or International Baccalaureate.
- The applicant has successfully completed the formal graduation requirements of a high school in Canada or the U.S.A.
- The applicant has successfully completed a year of full-time studies at a university or college in Canada or the U.S.A.
International applicants whose primary language is not English must also demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum scores are as follows: 550 for the paper-based TOEFL, 213 for the computer-based TOEFL, and 80 for the Internet-based TOEFL.
- Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (CanTest): Minimum scores are 4.5 in reading and in listening, 4.0 in speaking and in writing.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum score of
6.5 based on module A or B.