Invest in the future of faith through CMU!
A planned gift...
- is a special, carefully planned contribution. It is a tax-effective donation that balances your financial needs, family commitments, and charitable goals such as supporting the ongoing mission of CMU.
- is usually made from assets, not current income. It is probably the largest charitable donation you will make. It enables you to leave a permanent legacy.
- can be a current donation. But many planned gifts—such as bequests and life insurance—are deferred to a time in the future.
- Publicly traded securities such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds: capital gains tax on these properties is significantly reduced when they are donated to a charitable organization
- Real estate, farm or business property, private shares
- "Cash Value" life insurance: a paid up insurance policy when donated to CMU is eligible for a charitable receipt up to the cash value
- Bequests in a will: a bequest is a gift made through a will
- Life insurance—proceeds upon death: the donor receives a charitable receipt for paying the premiums of an ongoing policy donated to CMU, while CMU receives the payout value upon the death of the donor
- Endowments: a onetime gift to provide long term support, through investment interest, for a program, or capital project
- Other Investments:
- Gifting accounts
- RRSP's, RIF's, and LIF's
Naming opportunities at CMU include scholarship and bursaries, new buildings or renovations, faculty positions, or chairs.
Help Us Plan Today for CMU's Future
For more information on Planned Giving opportunities at CMU please contact our Development Data & Administrative Coordinator, Bob Wiebe, through email at bwiebe:@:cmu.ca or by phone at 204.488.3300 ext. 625.
Before finalizing any planned gift, please consult your financial advisor, or for more information contact Abundance Canada or Mennonite Brethren Stewardship Ministries.
Click on a link below for more information:
Print This Page