Biblical Studies Resources
General Resource Pages
- All-In-One Biblical Resources. Prepared by Mark Goodacre (University of Birmingham). The site lists most online Bible research tools, including online versions and translations.
- Anabaptist Dictionary of the Bible. Intended to serve those in the Anabaptist traditions as well as to be a respectful conversation partner with those in other Christian traditions as authors give voice to an appreciatively critical Anabaptist perspective.
- Digital Resources for the Study of Religion. The CDRI database (initiated by the American Theological Library Association and Association of Theological Schools) provides access to digital images of woodcuts, photographs, slides, papyri, coins, maps, postcards, manuscripts, lithographs, sermons, shape-note tune books, and various forms of Christian art, architecture, and iconography.
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies. Maintained by Torrey Seland, Volda University College.
- Wabash Center Guide to Internet Resources for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion
Indexes to Journal Articles
- American Journal of Archaeology. The Journal of the Archaeological Institute of America
- Archaeology. An Official Publication of the Archaeological Institute of America
- Biblica “Online partial edition.” Launched in 1998, this site includes a General Index beginning with volume 71 (1990), summaries of articles which have appeared in Biblica since 1990, and the complete text of articles and short notes beginning with the year 1998.
- Biblical Interpretation: A Journal of Contemporary Approaches.
- Catholic Biblical Quarterly. Feature articles, book reviews and short notices, collected essays and lists of books received on all aspects of Catholic biblical history; published for members of the Catholic Biblical Association.
- Interpretation: A Journal of Bible and Theology. Includes subscription information, table of contents of the current issue, and a subject index searchable by your browser’s “find” function.
- Journal for the Study of the New Testament
- Journal for the Study of the Old Testament
- The Journal of Hebrew Scriptures
- New Testament Studies
- Novum Testamentum Covers textual and literary criticism, critical interpretation, theology and the historical and literary background of the New Testament, as well as early Christian and related Jewish literature
- Review of Biblical Literature. Published by the Society of Biblical Literature.
- The Studia Philonica Annual: Studies in Hellenistic Judaism.
- TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
See also: List of periodical titles relating to Biblical Studies
Professional Bible Associations
Print This Page