International Development Studies Resources
Compiled by Jonathan Sears
- Eldis Gateway to Development Information. A web gateway to thousands of reports on more academically oriented development research, hosted by the IDS program University of Sussex.
- Bridges Review — Information, analysis, and views on trade and sustainable development.
- KAIROS “unites churches and religious organizations” to “deliberate on issues of common concern, advocate for social change and join with people of faith and goodwill in action for social transformation.”
- Canadian Council for International Cooperation. The coordinating body for 100 Canadian aid agencies, which does good policy analysis on/from Canadian perspectives.
- North South Institute. More Canadian development policy analysis and annual report.
- Canadian International Development Agency. More promotional than informative regarding official Canadian development policy.
- OECD DAC. Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s Development Assistance Committee. This web-site contains many ‘official’ statistics and policies of the club of major Western donors. Includes GLOSSARIES [also here], statistical tables on annual aid flows, peer reviews of individual donor country policies and flows, and information on individual recipient country development aid flows.
- Deardorff's Glossary of International Economics. Institute of International Integration Studies. University College Dublin, Trinity College.
- European Commission. Central site for the development arm of the European Commission. Links to regional and specific country strategy papers.
- Oxfam UK. Progressive yet practical analysis from a well-respected NGO that is also involved in implementing development programs.
University of Winnipeg Library LibGuides
CMU Library Electronic Resources
Resources for Evaluating Website Sources
Printed from: www.cmu.ca/library/resources.php?s=ids