- PsycARTICLES — From the American Psychological Association (APA). This a definitive source of full text, peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific articles in psychology. It contains more than 153,000 articles from nearly 80 journals published by the American Psychological Association (APA), its imprint the Educational Publishing Foundation (EPF), and from allied organizations including the Canadian Psychological Association and the Hogrefe Publishing Group. It includes all journal articles, book reviews, letters to the editor, and errata from each journal. Coverage spans 1894 to the present and nearly all APA journals go back to Volume 1, Issue 1.
- Academic Search Premier — This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- ATLA Religion Database — An index of academic journal articles in the area of religion. Published by the American Theological Library Association (ATLA), the database indexes articles, essays, and book reviews related to a wide range of scholarly fields related to religion, including psychology.
- JSTOR — A digital library that originally contained digitized back issues of academic journals. It now includes books and primary sources, and current issues of journals. It provides full text searches of almost 2,000 journals, a few of which deal with psychology.
- Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology & Counseling. Edited by David G. Benner & Peter C. Hill. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Books, 1999.
BF 31 B35B46 1999
- Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology. Raymond J. Corsini, editor. New York: Wiley, 1987.
BF 31 C66C67 1987
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: DSM-5. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2013.
RC 455.2 C4D53 2013
- Dictionary of Psychology and Related Sciences: English-French. [Dictionnaire de la psychologie et des sciences connexes: français-anglais]. Jacques Castonguay. St.-Hyacinthe, Québec, Edisem; Paris, Maloine, 1973.
BF 31 C37D53 1973
- The Encyclopedia of Human Behavior: Psychology, Psychiatry, and Mental Health. Robert M. Goldenson. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1970.
BF 31 G65E53 1970
- The Encyclopedia of Peace Psychology. Edited by Daniel J. Christie. Malden, Mass: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. [ONLINE]
JZ 5533 E53C45 2011
- Encyclopedia of Psychology. Alan E. Kazdin, editor in chief. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association; Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000.
BF 31 E53K39 2000
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Psychology. Bonnie R. Strickland, executive editor. Detroit, MI: Gale Group, 2001. [ONLINE]
BF 31 G35S77 2001
- Insider's Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology. Tracy J. Mayne, John C. Norcross, Michael A. Sayette. New York: Guilford Press, 2006.
RC 467.7 M39I57 2006
- The International Dictionary of Psychology. Stuart Sutherland. New York: Continuum, 1989.
BF 31 S83 1989
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences. Ed. William A. Darity, Jr. 2nd ed. 9 vols. Detroit: Macmillan Reference USA, 2008. [ONLINE]
H 40 I58S55 1968
- Magill's Encyclopedia of Social Science: Psychology. Editor, Nancy A. Piotrowski; project editor, Tracy Irons-Georges. Pasadena, Calif.: Salem Press, 2003.
BF 31 M34P56 2003
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association, 2010.
BF 76.7 P83A44 2010
- Reference Encyclopedia of American Psychology and Psychiatry. Barry T. Klein, editor. Rye, N.Y.: Todd Publications, 1975.
RC 437 R44K55 1975
Resources at Other Libraries
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I — Available at the UW Library and at the University of Manitoba.
- PsycBOOKS — A new full-text database of over 600 books from the American Psychological Association (APA). Also includes the electronic release of more than 1,500 entries from the APA/Oxford University Press Encyclopedia of Psychology. [University of Winnipeg Library and University of Manitoba Libraries.]
- PsycINFO — An expansive abstracting and indexing database with more than 3 million records devoted to peer-reviewed literature in the behavioral sciences and mental health, making it an ideal discovery and linking tool for scholarly research in a host of disciplines. [University of Winnipeg Library and University of Manitoba Libraries.]
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences — N. J. Smelser, James Wright (University of Central Florida), P. B. Baltes. Published by Elsevier, 2001. This encyclopedia is an ambitious project to describe the state of the art in all the fields encompassed within the social and behavioral sciences. Its 26 volumes comprise 4,000 articles, commissioned by 52 Section Editors, and includes 90,000 bibliographic references as well as comprehensive name and subject indexes. [University of Winnipeg Library and University of Manitoba Libraries.]
- University of Winnipeg Library Guides: Developmental Studies and Psychology
- University of Manitoba Libraries Subject Guide to Psychology.
Canadian Psychology Associations
Printed from: www.cmu.ca/library/resources.php?s=psychology