Withdrawing from Courses
After the registration period (September 13, 2019 and January 15, 2020) you cannot delete courses from your registration but you may withdraw from courses. Course withdrawal means:
- The course will remain on your transcript
- You will receive a grade of VW (voluntary withdrawal)
- You may receive a partial tuition refund (see below for refund schedule)
Before withdrawing from a course, consider:
- The impact on your degree program. Talk to a Faculty Advisor or to the Coordinator of Student Advising.
- The financial implications. See tuition refund schedule below.
- IAMS withdrawals - see refund schedule below.
- Eligibility for future student loans and scholarships. Talk to the Financial and Student Services Advisor.
- Last date to withdraw from a course:
- November 12, 2019 - fall courses
- March 17, 2020 - winter and full-year courses
Withdraw from a course in one of two ways:
- Paper - forms available outside the Registrar's Office (South Campus)
- Online - www.cmu.ca/coursechange
If you are withdrawing from all courses:
- Meet with the Coordinator of Student Advising to complete a University Withdrawal Form.
Withdrawal and Tuition Refund Schedule 2019-2020
September 13: Last day to delete fall courses
September 4 to September 13: 100% tuition refund for fall courses
September 14 to September 30: 75% tuition refund for fall courses
October 1 to October 14: 50% tuition refund for fall courses
October 15 to October 28: 25% tuition refund for fall courses
October 29 and thereafter: 0% tuition refund for fall courses
November 12: Last day to withdraw from fall courses
January 15: Last day to delete winter courses
January 6 to January 15: 100% tuition refund for winter courses
January 16 to January 27: 75% tuition refund for winter courses
January 28 to February 10: 50% tuition refund for winter courses
February 11 to February 24: 25% tuition refund for winter courses
February 25 and thereafter: 0% tuition refund for winter courses
March 17: Last day to withdraw from winter and full-year courses
*Student services fees will not be refunded after the last date to receive 100% tuition refund (September 13 and January 15)
Individual Applied Music Studies Refund Schedule 2019-2020
100% fall tuition refund: Before September 13 and 24 hours before first lesson
90% fall tuition refund: Within 3 days after the first lesson
0% fall tuition refund: More than 3 days after the first lesson
100% winter tuition refund: Withdraw before November 30th
0% winter tuition refund: Withdraw after November 30th