CMU Graduate Studies Online Application Form
Due to disruptions caused by COVID-19, CMU will accept electronic transcripts from approved institutions. CMU will accept electronic transcripts only for those applying for the Fall 2020, Winter 2021 and Spring 2021 intakes.
CMU recognizes that COVID-19 is causing delays and uncertainties with obtaining original documents and transcripts, English proficiency testing, and study visas and permits. CMU is not waiving any of these requirements. However, to make it possible to meet these requirements, CMU will accept electronic transcripts under the following conditions:
- CMU will accept electronic transcripts only for those applying for the all 2020, Winter 2021 and Spring 2021 intakes.
- Electronic transcripts must be official transcripts submitted to CMU directly from the institution. The transcripts must be sent from the Registrar's office of the institution, using an email address which is published and easily accessible on the institution's website.
- Admission based on electronic transcripts will be conditional. Final admission will only be granted after CMU receives official hard copies of the transcripts, sent by the institution. The hard copies of the transcripts must be identical to the transcripts on which conditional admission was based. Students will not be able to begin studies at CMU until hard copies of the transcripts have been received and reviewed.
- Letters of Conditional Acceptance, for use when applying for a study permit and visa, will be provided when conditional acceptance is granted.
Students facing additional disruptions to the application process due to the COVID-19 situation should contact CMU to discuss deferring applications and enrolment to the following term or academic year.
You must ensure the application is submitted and complete before the application deadline. Application deadlines for each program can be found below:
- Deadlines for MA in Peacebuilding and Collaborative Development
- Deadlines for Graduate School of Theology and Ministry
- Deadlines for Master of Business Administration
Applications are now closed for 2020.
Deadline for International students: Completed applications, including the application, the application fee and all required supporting documentation, must be received by March 31 for the Fall Semester June 30 for the Winter Semester, and January 31 for the Spring/Summer semester. Completed MBA applications must be received by January 15.
Checklist of Items Needed
- Complete all required fields on the Application for Admission Form (below) and agree with the Statement of Understanding (representing your signature). Mark N/A if the information is not applicable to your situation.
- Write and submit a Statement of Interest and Intent. Identify in a paragraph or two the reasons for your interest in Graduate Studies and what your learning objectives are. You are welcome to mention any vocational goals that you think are relevant to your proposed studies.
- Pass on the confidential reference forms to the referees. Ensure you select the appropriate reference forms for your program application. One academic and one non-academic (professional or character) reference is preferred. For students applying for the MA in Christian Ministry at least one letter of reference should come from a local or denominational church leader. For students applying for the MDiv, one reference should be academic and the other two should come from local or denominational church leaders.
- Provide official copies of post-secondary transcripts. Transcripts must show completion of a bachelor's degree. Transcripts must be sent directly to Graduate Studies Admissions by the school from which you graduated. (Faxed or scanned transcripts are not acceptable.) See above for exceptions for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 intakes only.
- Master of Business Administration Only: Include a copy of your resumé with your application.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $80 from Canadian/US students or $150 from international students must be included with this application.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)
Note: Your application will remain active and open to allow time for your official transcripts to reach CMU. To ensure that you are accepted and eligible to register for courses, send your transcripts promptly.