School of Music
The Dean of the CMU School of Music is Janet Brenneman, PhD
View Dr. Brenneman's CMU webpage
The CMU music therapy program is accredited by the Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT).
Reasons to Study Music at CMU
- Outstanding Instruction – Highly qualified faculty who are caring and accessible to each student.
- Well-developed program – Balances rigorous discipline alongside creative imagination, and the urge for artistic excellence and passion alongside compassion and sensitivity to human need.
- Personal Attention – Collaborative approach to music-making and study through a low student/faculty ratio and peer interaction.
- Ensemble Opportunities – Participate in outstanding ensembles, including choirs, guitar ensemble, vocal jazz, jazz band, worship band, and small chamber groups.
- Performance Opportunities – Weekly student recitals and Opera Workshop give students valuable performance opportunities.
- Great facilities – Excellent performance venues and plenty of practice space.
- Career Paths – Graduates who are effective in a diverse and constantly changing society, and well-prepared for careers and/or graduate studies.