At CMU we recognize the financial challenges you face as a student and we continue to do what we can to assist you in making your educational experience affordable.
- CMU offers 383 unique scholarships and bursaries to students
- in 2014/15, over $550,000 was in scholarships and bursaries was received by CMU students
- About 50% of CMU students receive financial aid—either scholarships, awards, bursaries, or grants.
- During the school year, you will receive regular updates informing you of scholarship and bursary opportunities within and beyond CMU.
- Scholarships at CMU are based on achievement in the classroom and leadership experiences. Scholarship will often require you to be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- Academic Entrance, Transfer and Academic Excellence Scholarships are automatically awarded based on grades.
- The CMU Leadership Scholarship and Merit Awards (Music, Business, Academic, Athletic) are awarded based on grades but also on other specific criteria.
Visit our Undergrad Scholarships and Awards page for more details on each of the awards CMU offers.
- There are bursaries available to students who have financial need. It is recommended that you also apply for a student loan (government or bank) in addition to applying for bursaries.
- Bursary applications will be available April 15 (for fall semester) and October 15 (for winter semester) with deadlines for the completed application on July 15 and November 15. Funds are distributed in time for the beginning of the semester.
- Bursaries are available to students who are full-time (nine credit hours or more) in both the fall and winter semesters.
Download CMU's Bursary Application Form
Church Matching Grant
Undergraduate, Outtatown, and Graduate students attending CMU who receive financial support from their church can have that support matched by CMU up to $250 per semester to a maximum of $500 per year for Canadian students and $500 per semester to a maximum of $1,000 per year for American students. This grant is only available for the fall and winter semesters.
Churches and students please note the following:
- Applications for the Church Matching Grant Program will be accepted starting June 1. Funds will be matched on a first come first served basis.
- Funds for the Church Matching Grant Program are limited. Once all the money has been committed no more funds will be matched.
- A small reserve will be maintained for students starting in January.
- CMU will not apply matching funds to a student's account until the funds from the church have been received by CMU.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure this form is completed accurately and submitted to their church with enough time for the church to process the request.
- Churches supporting more than one student may send one cheque for all students supported through this program.
- Students must be registered in a minimum of nine credit hours during the semester in which they are receiving the matching grant.
- Funds must be sent payable to CMU in order for the student to receive the Matching Grant. Any funds sent directly to the student will not be matched. Please indicate the name(s) of the students receiving the funds in the memo line of the cheque(s).
For questions regarding this program contact the Financial and Student Services Advisor at CMU.
Download CMU's Church Matching Grant Application Form
Print This Page