Preparing your Registration
For information regarding your program of study, go to the Academic Calendar.
If you require registration advising, go to Academic Advising.
To view Course Descriptions, go to course offerings.
To view the Course timetable, go to course timetable.
May 1- August 20 Returning Student Registration for fall and winter courses
May 15- August 20 New Student registration for fall and winter courses
July 6 Early Registration Ends
August 21- September 5 Late registration period ($20 late fee applies)
September 4-5 Orientation and late registration
September 17 Last day to make registration changes for fall courses
January 15 Last day to make registration changes for winter courses
Registrations submitted after August 21st will be assessed a $20.00 late fee.Registering for Courses
Registering online using the CMU Student Portal will enrol you immediately in the classes that you want.
- Click on the icon "Current Students" at the top of this page.
- Choose "Student Portal" from the menu.
- Enter your username and password.
- Go to "Registration" then "Enrol in Classes".
- Choose fall or winter session.
- Click on "Edit Registration".
- Instructions to register for classes:
-- To choose a course, type in the course ID (eg. IDS-1010) or click on the binoculars. A partical course ID (eg. IDS) will bring up a list of courses to choose from.
-- To delete a course, highlight the course row, then press the delete button.
-- You must register for both the course and the class (use section number).
- Exceptions: If an exception is listed, you will not be enrolled in classes.
-- One exception may be that you do not have the prerequisites to take the class. Either: Choose another class, or contact Adelia Neufed Wiens to inquire whether the prerequisite can be waived.
-- Another exception is if two class times overlap. You will need to choose one of the classes.
-- If the class is full, you can choose to be waitlisted. You may choose to drop a course if you get into the waitlisted class.
- Click on "Submit" to finalize your registration.
Registration Help Desk: If you are having difficulty registering for courses, call 204-594-0530 during business hours (8:30am-4:30pm) or email email@example.com
Registration using a paper registration (back of the registration guide) is another way that students can register for classes. If you register using the paper form, there may be a delay of three weeks before the classes appear on your CMU Student Portal. You can return your registration by mail or fax.
- Mail the completed form to: Coordinator of Student Advising, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd., Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
- Fax the completed form to (204) 837-7415, Attn: Adelia Neufeld Wiens, Coordinator of Student Advising
Making Changes to your Registration
- You are responsible to ensure your registration meets CMU's registration requirements. The registrations will be checked regularly and you will be notified if there are irregularities.
- You can make changes to your registration using the online registration form on your CMU Student Portal. After the course change period ends (Sept 17 for fall, Jan 15 for winter), you will no longer be able to add or delete courses through the student portal. To make corrections to your registration after these dates, contact Adelia Neufeld Wiens.
- If you want to withdraw from courses after the course change period dates, log onto your CMU Student Portal and follow the link on the home page to the course withdrawal form.