Open Search

Graduate Studies

Extended Education & Professional Development

Students choose to take courses at the graduate level through our Extended Education department for a variety of reasons:

Students are invited to take courses through our extended education department in the following areas:

There are three categories of extended education:

  1. Auditing students
  2. Non-degree for credit students
  3. Visiting students.

If you have any questions please contact Stephanie Penner, Registrar, at or phone 204.487.3300 or toll free 1.877.231.7470.


Apply to Become an Extended Education Student

  1. Complete the appropriate Extended Education application form below. Submit the form via mail, fax, or email.
  2. Once the form and any required documents (if applicable) are received, Registrar's office will inform the applicant via email regarding acceptance and registration in classes.
  3. The student will be sent information to access the CMU Student Portal. Use the CMU Student portal to view:
    • Fee statement
    • Grades
    • Information from your instructor
  4. Students who wish to withdraw from a course must complete and submit a course change form. Ceasing to attend classes or not paying for the class does not constitute an official withdrawal and may result in the student receiving a failing grade for a course. To see a list of withdrawal and refund dates, go to Withdrawal and Refund Schedule.

Extended Education – Auditing


Extended Education – For Credit

This is for students who are interested in taking a few courses for credit on a part-time basis. Extended education students are not working toward a degree at CMU.


Extended Education – Visiting Students

The visiting student application is for students who are interested in taking one or more courses at CMU and are currently completing a program at a recognized post-secondary institution.


Additional Information

Go to the South Side Reception desk:

Print This Page