Master of Business Administration
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Important Deadlines for Canadian and US Students
All new applications should be completed and received by:
- May 30 for the Fall Semester
?If you have missed a deadline, contact Dr. Craig Martin or Valerie Smith, Associate Registrar for Graduate Studies.
Deadline for International Students
Due to study permit processing times taking between 10–15 week, completed applications must be received by
- Students seeking admission must be qualified to engage in graduate-level study. Successful applicants will have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree from a recognized university or college with a minimum average of 'B', based on the last 60 credit hours or two full years or equivalent of university study.
- International students must meet English language proficiency requirements.
Students may be eligible to transfer relevant graduate courses from other institutions. The number of credits that can be transferred is limited by CMU's degree and residency requirements.
Program Start Dates
- Fall 2018 Intake - Program start date August 6, 2018
- Fall 2019 Intake - Program start date August 8, 2019
English Proficiency Requirements
International applicants whose primary language is not English must also demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 550 (Paper-based) with no less than 50 in each component, or achieve a minimum score of 213 (Computer-based) with no less than 17 in each component, or achieve a minimum score of 80 (Internet-based) with no less than 19 in each component.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum band score of 6.5 based on the Academic Module, with no less than 6.0 in each individual component.
- CanTest: An average score of 4.5 in Listening and Reading; and a score of 4.0 in Writing* (*a score of 3.5 in Writing may be considered, provided the student is registered in ACWR-1010 Writing for Academic Purposes in their first semester).
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): A score of C.
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): Minimum score of 80%.
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment): Minimum score of 60.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English - Academic): Minimum of score of 58.
- Successful completion of the AEPUCE (Academic English Program for University and College Entrance) offered at the University of Manitoba or a comparable program at a recognized University.
- Successful completion of Academic Level 5 in the English Language Program (ELP) at The University of Winnipeg.
- ESP (English for Specific Purposes Program) at The University of Winnipeg: Minimum C+ in Academic Writing 1 and 2.
If you think your country may be exempt from the English proficiency requirements, please consult our Exemption List. Also, there are specific English proficiency waiver options.
Print This Page