Undergraduate Scholarships & Awards
CMU issues scholarships and bursaries to over half the student body each year!
CMU offers scholarships and awards which reward past academic achievement, encourage future scholarship, and provide financial assistance.
A scholarship is a monetary award made primarily on the basis of academic achievement. Some scholarships may also include consideration of school and community activities, qualities of leadership or other criteria.
Awards must be applied for and are awarded in the program areas of Music, Business, Science, Athletics, as well as Academic Merit Awards, which are based on a short essay answering questions surrounding CMU's vision and mission.
The following entrance scholarships and awards are available to most new students. Please see criteria for each award or scholarship to ensure eligibility. Applications are due each year by February 28:
- Academic Scholarships (new, returning, and transfer students)
- Leadership Scholarships (new students)
- Outtatown Leadership Scholarship
- Academic Merit Award (new students)
- Music Merit Award (new students)
- Business Merit Award (new students)
- Anni (Dyck) Wiebe Scholarship (first year Nursing)
The following scholarships and awards are available to all returning students (domestic and international):
- Sheep and Goats MDS Service Bursary (second year & beyond) - Due January 31
- Anne & Al Loewen Creative Prize (returning students) - Due April 30
- Dr. Robert Janzen Memorial Scholarship (third or fourth year Inter-Disciplinary) - Due April 30
- J.B. Toews Historical Commission Scholarship (third or fourth year) - Due April 30
- Otto Klassen Media Scholarship (returning students Communications and Media) - Due April 30
- Richard Penner Arts and Science Scholarship (returning student Science) - Due April 30