The Dean of Student Life and the Residence Director oversee all aspects of residence life. They work together with the Residence Assistants, in consultation with Community Council, to ensure that the CMU residences are a supportive, accountable environment.
Residence Assistants (RAs) provide leadership in fostering a positive living-learning environment within the residence community. RAs are responsible for:
- planning and implementing orientation events
- helping new students become familiar with residence facilities and procedures
- nurturing relationships of support and accountability
- developing activities and programs that foster Christian community
- organizing and leading residence meetings
- encouraging accountability within the CMU community
The Kitchen Council meets as needed to discuss concerns and issues related to food services. The Kitchen Council is chaired by the Residence Director, and includes Food Services staff as well as RA representatives.