Residence will soon feel like a home away from home amidst a community of peers, friends, and dedicated, enthusiastic student leaders and staff. Take it from the ones who know...
“Residence life was the perfect stepping stone towards independence and personal growth. It created the freedom and responsibility of living away from home, but within a loving and safe environment. I have learned so much about myself while getting to live with amazing friends. It was the best decision I could have made.”
– Julia Sisler
“As a former commuter, moving into the residence at CMU was the best decision I've made so far. Living in residence has taught me so much about myself, about others, and about God. It's been a place where I've been able to grow as an individual, and grow with others as a whole. My time has been filled with fun and laughter, and I don't expect that to change any time soon.”
– Becky Longhurst
“Living in residence, I've been pleasantly surprised by all the deep discussions about God. It has been a place that has really allowed me to further explore my faith. I feel blessed to have a great roommate and friendship where we can both share the struggles and triumphs of our own faith together.”
– Kaitlyn Peters
“I love living in residence because it means you’re at the center of all the happenings at CMU. Residence life is about developing deep connections to other people and becoming a part of what makes the CMU community so incredible!”
– Michael Veith
CMU Residence Life: Living On-Campus
Discover the remarkable living environment that is CMU residence! We are committed to creating a fun, friendly environment where students can live and grow together. Come experience the difference that enthusiastic Christian fellowship and dedicated student care can make.
Connect with new friends and be encouraged by a thoughtful and accountable community. Participate in fun events, common mealtimes, and social gatherings.
Challenge yourself through theological discussion and study groups. Allow new experiences to shape your journey as you grow and learn about yourself, God, and others.
11 Advantages of Living In Residence
- Friends. It's way easier to get acquainted with your peers when they live down the hall! Residence life offers many opportunities and activities to connect with others.
- Extend the classroom. In residence, classroom learning is frequently deepened and understanding is sharpened through conversations with peers in differing areas of study.
- Convenience. You don't have to waste time fighting traffic and hunting for parking spaces before class. You're close to all your classes, so you can sleep longer, and you save a lot of money on gas. Plus, have you ever waited for a bus in -40?
- Academic success. Research of college students across the nation shows that students who live on campus are more satisfied with their college experience, earn higher grade point averages, and are more likely to graduate than those not living on campus.
- Personal Support. With college life, comes transition. You're not alone academically or socially when you live in residence. You will be living with people who are going through or have gone through similar experiences. Directors and Resident Assistants that live in the Halls are always available for support, assistance, and advice.
- You don't have to cook! Never pack a school lunch again. What could be better than to have a dozen meal options within walking distance? The main dining hall offers delicious home cooking that makes residence your home away from home!
- But you can cook. Students living in on-campus apartments (available after 1st year) enjoy the luxuries of a flexible meal schedule, potlucks and dinner parties with friends on campus, and all the treats your neighbours bake when they should be studying!
- No hidden costs! For residence students the room and board cost covers everything. Forego the adult world of monthly bills and paying for repairs for a year!
- Close to everything. In residence, you are just a short walk away from the academic buildings, fitness room, library, and dining hall. You are right next to all sporting events, campus activities, and student services such as academic advising, free counseling, etc. And the Assiniboine Forest is practically in your back yard!
- It's a truly holistic experience! Don't just go to school—Join student organizations; attend athletics events, concerts, conferences and special lectures; experience everything the campus has to offer and develop your gifts and interests while doing it!
- Residence Life comes with a Lifetime Warranty—and snack! Residence students gather every evening at 9:00 PM to take a study break and enjoy a snack with friends. It's a springboard for many conversations, and other social gatherings, which all contribute to friendships that extend far beyond your CMU years.